Come On Barbie Let's Go Party!!!
Sunday, April 20, 2008
What Happened To Xanga???
Here I am sitting on the bed trying to find an old Xanga entry to copy for this blog project at 2 am since I can't sleep. God I haven’t been to that site forever... My last entry was on Oct 5, 2006, and it was only to promote for “Players Weekend” for my sorority. What has the world come to... Xanga used to be my life... scrolling down the pages, I realized that there are less words in every more recent entry. And now I don’t even go on it anymore. I remember back in the high school days, I would update every night, or sometimes in AP Comp Sci class, or even two or three times a day. I would write about everything that happened in school or after school with my friends. I would write about things that made me happy , things that made me sad, or things that made me think. I posted up song lyrics, pictures of every event, those stupid little chained survey things. Looking through it was like taking a stroll down memory lane. I can’t believe I used to type all ghetto. Replacing words like “mai” for “my” or “datz” for “that’s” they all sound so stupid to me now lol. What is a little high school Asian girl doing typing all ghetto? I wish I knew what I was thinking back then! But then looking at my friends’ xangas, seems like they all typed like that too. Must have been a cool thing to do back then. I guess I started posting pictures when I got to college. Maybe that’s when xanga started allowing pic uploads. Can’t believe how skinny I used to be... 95 lbs... coming into college. Didn’t exactly gain my freshman 15 but... still a few lbs heavier than what I want to be. I remember those flat stomach days where I always wore the shortest things and showed my belly off to the world. Now im always covered in long tanks. Thank god the baby dolls are in fashion right now, otherwise I would seriously have to start hittin the gym. Looking at my past entries reminds me of the old days. So many friends that I’m no longer in touch with. And so many new people I now can’t imagine living without. I have changed so much in the past few years, transforming from a little girl into a young women who will soon step into the real world. Where will I be posting then? It used to be xanga, then myspace came along. Now Facebook is where I find myself wasting my life away. I never thought xanga would go out of style. The same way I never thought I would stop loving N’ SYNC when I was 13. Well part of it is still true, I <3 JT!!! I guess somethings never change. I still find myself posting pictures of every event, but now there are even more, especially with the ease Facebook provides. I remember back in the days, it would take forever to do a xanga entry because you would have to upload the pictures one by one. I can’t believe despite the hardship I still managed to have pages and pages full of pictures. But like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words...


2004






2008